Monday, September 21, 2009

the adventure begins

Hello,
This is my blog. It's about my experience as an assistant English teacher ("auxiliar") in Madrid, Spain from October, 2009 through June, 2010. I will be living with my cousin Maureen, also an auxiliar, and, in the fall semester, hanging out with my cousin Deirdre as well. Mo and I depart from JFK airport in New York tomorrow. I am very excited and only a little nervous.

While it does not promise to be particularly well-written or witty, this blog does promise to recount on a (fairly) regular basis my adventures and misadventures in Madrid. I will try my best to make these as interesting as possible. (I'm sure Mo and Dre will facilitate this goal).

I need to finish packing now. Next time you hear from me I will be in Madrid, hopefully reporting on how Maureen and I have found a fabulous but dirt cheap apartment in an awesome neighborhood and all my Spanish suddenly came back to me as soon as I stepped foot on Spanish soil.

Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. "does not promise to be particularly well-written or witty"?? gen, as long as you write like you always have - ie, claiming that ghandi advocated violence and using the word 'switcheroo' as often as possible - it will be awesome. i can't wait to read about your adventures, and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete